Monday, January 21, 2013

This shouldn't be called a blog


but rather a periodic update into random parts of my brain that may or may not be created in regular intervals.

Hmmmm...What to talk about...

Ok, so i think we are all caught up on the fact that I got married.  It was good times.


So, then at the end of November, I ended my time at Sallie Mae. Bye bye, depressing gray cubicle.  I spent a month at home, attempting to organize the chaos.  This is where I came to realize that, unless forced to for a specific reason, I can go DAYS without leaving my house and be completely fine.  Ok, so I probably already knew that but a little reminder reinforced that knowledge.

Prior to leaving my job at Sallie Mae and taking the month off, I had been tracking some opportunities for when I was done being off and ready to work again.  I knew I didn't want to go back to the depressing world of cubicles.  That limited me a bit.  But then all my wildest cubicle-free dreams came true: I got to start working at Developer Town.

DeveloperTown...
So, this place is pretty awesome.  It's a start-up that's past the "starting up" stage but before the "make millions and millions"stage.  I get to work on a bunch of different projects that involve technology from this actual decade . To learn more about what DeveloperTown does: www.developertown.com.

I would write more, but they keep me incredibly busy. I do get to bring Dakota and Lilah.

That is pretty awesome.  I don't have to feel bad about leaving them home all day all by themselves everyday. The only problem I'm seeing is that Dakota is already completely co-dependent, so this might not help that situation.  Everyone pets her and loves on her, which is her favorite.  I feel a bit like a circus act because people are always asking me to pull Lilah out of my shirt now.  I don't really mind, though.

I got my own little house, which is what DT uses for offices. Everyone who works here has their own little house.  I also got to decorate it any way I wanted.  So my little house used to look like:
and now it looks like





That's my husband lounging on the couch while I continue to work hard.  So, now i have a nice little office to do my work in and a place to take a nap in the afternoon when I'm wiped at like 3 and need 15 minutes of sleep.  The only problem with having a little house is that there is a front door and everytime someone knocks on it, Dakota gets all arf arf about it.  Crazy dog.

Let's see...in other news....

67 days until I am on a cruise ship and enjoying adult beverages while the minions run wild and hopefully don't fall overboard...
15 weeks and 2 days until I begin my journey to Tanzania to walk up a hill like a hobbit.  I may even through a ring into the volcano to get the full LOTRs experience...

That's all I got for now.

Jenn - Miles to go before I sleep...

1 comment:

  1. You're aware that Tanzania is right next to Uganda? Are you climbing Kilimanjaro? That sounds like fun! Hmmm, I shall follow this with interest, in case there's a chance I can come down there....

    ReplyDelete