Monday, May 09, 2011

500 Festival Mini Marathon and OMG why is it so freaking difficult to get pictures into a blog...

Quote of the Day: "Am I getting smart with you? How would you know?" - Dilbert

Picture of the Day #6:

These are the smiles of people who have yet to begin the race.

Picture of the Day #7:

Brian running on the Raceway
The Mini...

Well, I survived.  I was actually feeling pretty good up until Mile 12, which is about when all the muscles in my lower back and legs felt like they were seizing.  I was like "Leave me, save yourself" to my Boyfriend, but he assumed I was being overly dramatic (per usual) and forced me to finish.  So, now I have the bling of a shiney new medal.  I'll post a picture of that tomorrow.  Until then, here are some other pictures from the race.
That's me.  Jogging.  It's like mile 6 and we are on the same raceway that the Indianapolis 500 is driven on.  I am going much slower than any of those race cars would ever go. 

A couple of people came out to race...

My legs are so sore.  I'm wondering how I'm going to manage softball tonight.  The thought of crouching to field a ground ball kind of make me want to curl up into the fetal position and suck my thumb.

I just want to post some pictures...

For whatever reason, I have the most difficult time posting pictures. Ugh.  It's all overly complicated because I also post on Xanga and I copy and paste and do all sorts of nonesense, but I think I finally have it figured out so that the pictures won't get erased.  Jeez.

Thor....
He's not just the God of Thunder, he's also a comic book superhero.  And he's played by Chris Hemsworth, who may be the hottest thing since the sun.  OMG.  I couldn't tell you if this movie sucked because I was too busy figuring out how to break up with my boyfriend, find Chris, convince him that I'm really the one for him and that he should divorce his wife, and then get him to run off to a deserted island so no one can steal him from me.  Holy crud, that man is perfect.  I'm pretty sure I don't care about his personality at all.  But I digress...

After I got over falling madly in love with Hemsworth, I payed attention to the movie.  I liked it.  We saw it in IMAX 3D which may have been a little aggressive during action sequences for my eyeballs to process.  Otherwise, I liked it enough that I will be going to see it again next weekend when we bring the minions to see it.  I'm not sure what made it PG-13 except maybe some of the violence and maybe the storyline.  

I also loved Natalie Portman being in this movie.  She had WAY more chemistry (ok, who wouldn't...he's friggin beautiful) with Chris Hemsworth than she did with Hayden Christensen in Star Wars. My favorite in the movie, though, was Kat Dennings as Darcy.  She was hysteridonkulous.  And I was surprised to see Rene Russo as Thor's mom.  Well, surprised in the sense that I didn't know she was going to be in the movie. 

The movie ended sort of weird for me, but I guess that must get resolved at some point being that Thor is an Avenger and all.  I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE AVENGERS!!!  Also, there was a cameo by Hawkeye.  If you pay attention, you'll see him in a pretty big scene.  I thought the movie was just as enjoyable as any of the Iron Man movies and I look forward to seeing Thor again and to seeing the character in The Avengers.  

Idol...

Jacob got kicked off.  I was happy. End of caring...

Jenn - This mortal form grows weak. I require sustenance!

No comments:

Post a Comment